About the course
In Sweden most students eye the big companies as their future employer and a lot of the curriculum is to help students prepare for a life as an cubicle employee. How to start a startup, is a series of lectures produced at Stanford (CS183B) in collaboration with the experts and founders from startups such as Facebook, Dropbox and AirBnB.
Once a week we will meet at LTH, watch a lecture, have some food and discuss startup ideas with successful local entrepreneurs.
- Meet successful entrepreneurs & grow your network
- Learn how to come up with ideas, get customers, and raise money
- Discuss your startup ideas and get feedback
About the lecturers
Sam Altman, President of Y Combinator, will be teaching the class How to Start a Startup (CS183B), along with guest lecturers like Marissa Mayer, Peter Thiel, and Ben Horowitz. They will be covering the fundamentals for startups like, how to come up with ideas and evaluate them, how to acquire users and how to raise money.
About the organizers
Student Innovation Center, LTH and Malmö Startups will be organizing the sessions. Malmö Startups is organized by entrepreneurs who would like to improve the local Startup ecosystem. It's a non-profit that helps Students meet the local Startup Scene.
If you have any questions, reach out to
- Erik Bjäreholt, Head of Entrepreneurship, TLTH
- Johan Linåker, Ph.D. Student
- Henrik Lundblad, LU Open Innovation Center
- Joel Larsson, Malmö Startups
- Hampus Jakobsson, Malmö Startups
When & How?
Don’t miss out on this one-of-a-kind opportunity!
Register below and join our Facebook group to keep up to date with the latest news and discussion.